SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Carnival done...............

OK I really don't know what to think about my Carnival experience could have been better.

A good friend of mine died on Carnival tuesday I saw him the week before he had a beer in his right hand and he gave me a choking hug with his left arm he was happy and was teasing me he calls me sweetness and now he is dead and I am still in shock I can't stand it. He was such a great guy so sweet to me and now he's gone forever and I keep going over in my mind the last time I saw him.

My little sister had a baby boy and I am loving him already because he waited til Ash Wednesday to be borned 9lbs boy do we make huge babies in our family now I am trying to convince her that Ralphie is a perfect name for him she's not taking me on at all.

OK about my Carnival it was ok I met Karen from the chookooloonks blog my first official meeting of a fellow blogger and she is really beautiful in real life I just knew it I hope we get to see each other again soon she posted about her carnival experience here.

I made a fool of myself by going up to a guy in the band who looked like Francis from the Moving Back to Jamaica Blog and asking him if he was and of course he was not but his friend tried to convince me that it was indeed him and it became a joke for the day everytime we saw each other he would try to convince me yes his name was Francis as if I don't know the difference between a Jamaican and Trini accent so I did not get to meet Francis.

OK I know I should be sounding more entusiastic about my Carnival experience but it wasn't all that great I missed my husband alot everytime I saw a girl that look like the type he would like I would wish he was there to point her out and just to share the whole experience with.

Monday was a disaster because my girlfriend who I believe has food issues when we stopped to eat she ate NOTHING all day she even embarassed me when they were passing around the icecream for desert she shouted at me not to take one infront of our friends and strangers I quickly ran to the bathroom I was so embarassed she made it seem as if I could not control my eating anyway @ 4pm we loosed our friends and she got sick and we ended up in an ambulance yes first time in my life I have ever seen the inside of an ambulance she was severely dehydrated and when the medic said he may have to take her to the hospital I loosed it I cried and cried and cried we spent the remaining of Carnival Monday evening in the ambulance with the medic trying all kinds of stuff to get her better and until we could get a ride home I cried all the way home it was like the shut of valve for my tears was not working I am embarassed now because I don't know why I cried so much now my friends think I am oversensitive which I am not I was just overwhelmed it was too much stress seeing my girlfriend sick like that and feeling helpless and I know in a month or two I might be laughing about it but it was not funny at the time, still not funny.

Tuesday was better it was like a mini renunion I met friends that I haven't seen in years and years I had a fantastic time didn't want it to end and yes I did get sunburn black as I am and I did use a lot of sunscreen oh and I saw that hot actor the one who has a show on Showtime Sleeper Cell Michael Ealy talk about your gorgeous black man well he was in the band surrounded by serious security so I only got to watch him from a distance, all in all Carnival was good Tribe is the best band if you should ever consider playing mas in Trinidad and Tobago this is the band to play with.

I will post pics later.

20 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Sorry your Carnival was borderline sucky...but...babies are awesome!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Stunner said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the Carnival as much as you wanted to. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, death can be so sudden and even if it's not sudden it's still hard to deal with.

Good to hear about the new addition to your family...mi nuh too inaa dah name de yuh a suggest still! lol.

Hurry with the photos!

4:03 AM  
Blogger JaG said...

Wow, lots of things happening at once huh!?

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Chookooloonks said...

Wow! Sorry there was so much bacchanal for you at Carnival!

I will say, though -- it was WONDERFUL to meet you!

K.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Abeni said...

Not Ralphie lol.Michael Ealy,where was Halle?

7:40 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Lilly thanks

Stunner thanks still working on that need a friend to show me how to post pics.

Jag yeah thats how it is sometimes

Karen I eel the same way about you

Abeni I think Halle has a new man some model guy and whats wrong with Ralpie I looove that name its from the movie A Christmas Story love it

2:37 AM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Me nuh like Ralphie either. At least you loved Tuesday... sounds like your friend needed a slap, not your tears. When she gets better, go slap her upside her head for her insensitivity and rudeness.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Ri said...

Thats quite a roller coaster, SMG. I agree on the thumbs down to "ralphie". If I am not mistaken, Michael Ealy goes out with Halle Berry. Was she there? Sorry about your friend.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

well where to start
sorry that your friend died, my condolences
congrats on your new nephew
and your friend shuld know better than to be in the hot sun all day within taking something t drink or eat, thats just irresponsible, even if she has issues with the food people prepared walk wid she own

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Too bad you did not meet Francis, as he was in Tribe both days having a wail of a time. We did however meet fellow blogger Yamfoot at one fete, but we had no idea of who you were. Maybe next year we can arrange.Sorry to here about your friends. The sun was so so hot and I got majorly sunburned, but we had a blast. I told Francis about your comment about Lara's fete, about him needing to offer his bed as well, he laughed. We avoided his fete this year,as we had another fete to attend, plus dah fete mashes up Jovert for us.We heard it was well worth the money however.
Cheers

11:31 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Wow..the circle of life in so many ways.

12:04 AM  
Blogger CoolDestiny said...

That blog was about 4 different posts in one! Ralphie ... I'm not feeling that name either. Very happy for your sister. I hope this will bring you 2 closer together.

Sorry about the down side of Carnival this year ... but still count your blessings!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Stunner said...

Posting a pic is easy. Let mi give you a quick tutorial.

1. On the page where you write a post. look in the toolbar just aboue whereyou type for an icon that looks like a little picture. Click on it.

2. A pop up window will open. In that windo at the top left corner you till see "...add image..." Click on browse. Another window will open for you to find where on your pc you stored the picture. When you find your picture select it.

3. Next, look at the bottom left. You will see some icons that give you the option for laying out the pictures on your blog. Select one.

4. To the left of that, you will see the size options. Select one.

5. Finally select "Upload image". The window will display a confirmation that it is uploaded. Click "Done" to finish the process.

That's it! You should see the picture in the window that you type your post.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Dr. D. said...

SmIG...sory to hear of your friend's passing...that is the nature of life.

I agree, your girlfriend was quite silly to not take anything resulting in dehydration.

Ralphie?? Nope!

Despite all the happenings at least you did enjoy some of it.

9:04 AM  
Blogger fwade said...

Small Island Girl: I only just read your blog at my wife's prompting -- and sorry we didn't connect! It would have been fun, as I re-met Yamfoot in Trinidad, but you would have been the first blogger I would have met since I started blogging last year.

I was liming in the pink and orange section, and of course I can't recall the name. Ash... something?

I look quite different from my pic at the moment, as I've cut off all my hair and trimmed the beard down to just a goatee-like something. Too bad I didn't mention the section -- next time I might do that, but the bald-head thing can throw anyone off!!

But, hey -- there is always next year (and every year after that if I can help it.)

Anyone coming to Jamaica for our Carnival? (our should I say... _c_arnival?)

Francis

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com...
Join me and my circle of friends at
http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com...

10:32 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, true religion, coach outlet, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, nike outlet, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton handbags, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, chanel handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, oakley vault, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, nike air max, michael kors handbags, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet online, burberry outlet online, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, red bottom shoes, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet online, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, tiffany jewelry

11:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, vans pas cher, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, air max, abercrombie and fitch, timberland, nike free pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, north face, new balance pas cher, barbour, north face pas cher, tn pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, nike air force, true religion outlet, ralph lauren, mulberry, nike air max, oakley pas cher, nike free, longchamp, chaussure louboutin, nike roshe, michael kors canada, air max pas cher, true religion jeans, sac louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, hollister, michael kors uk, converse pas cher, air jordan, louis vuitton, scarpe hogan, ray ban uk, nike blazer pas cher, guess pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, hermes pas cher

11:49 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mont blanc pens, canada goose, uggs outlet, p90x workout, reebok shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, bottega veneta, north face jackets, ugg soldes, canada goose outlet, beats headphones, hollister, uggs outlet, soccer shoes, new balance outlet, asics shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, wedding dresses, ugg boots, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, ugg outlet, celine handbags, birkin bag, replica watches, nike roshe, nfl jerseys, north face jackets, vans outlet, nike trainers, ugg, ghd, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, mac cosmetics, ugg boots, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, nike huarache, uggs on sale, jimmy choo shoes, marc jacobs outlet

11:52 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

links of london uk, swarovski jewelry, moncler, pandora uk, canada goose, supra shoes, ray ban, timberland shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, thomas sabo uk, coach outlet, vans, gucci, hollister canada, parajumpers outlet, oakley, canada goose, moncler, swarovski uk, montre femme, louis vuitton canada, moncler, wedding dress, uggs canada, converse shoes, air max, lancel, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, hollister clothing, moncler, baseball bats, pandora charms, louboutin, ralph lauren, replica watches, converse, ugg, moncler outlet, canada goose, karen millen, iphone 6 case, moncler, nike air max, pandora jewelry, canada goose pas cher

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home