SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

No Title.............

Boy that earthquake yesterday was something else my husband and i were siting out front on a metal love seat in the front yard watching our son ride his bike then the chair started rocking and i actually said babes stop shaking the chair like that thats when we realized that the trees were vibrating and the water tank was dancing we started arguing about should we go into the house or not and then it stoped real scary of course he scared the s**t out of me last night by shaking the bed i actually thought it was an after shock now my son and i are plotting to catch him as soon as he falls asleep.

I have been sick I was feeling low for sometime now low energy so i went to the doctor thank God found out........ TMI warning!!.........that I had a urinary track infection apparently I have been not taking enough bathroom breaks and was making myself sick I was so relieved but my doctor made me feel so bad i think i am going to find another one he actually asked me why at my age i was going to school how i was neglecting my wifely duties and if my marriage breaks up what will i be left with he kept going on and on and no matter what i said he was saying things like are you trying to convince me or yourself i left his office feeling low and of course now in hindsight i could think of a million things to say to him but my parents taught me to respect my elders so i guess its a generation thing.

Guilt is a hell of a thing though I cleaned the house from top to bottom and i mean clean behind the beds,sofa and every piece of furniture was dusted and vacumed even the bathrooms and i hate cleaning the bathrooms i know i have no reason for feeling like this my marriage survived a difficult pregnancy unemployment money woes whats three years of sacrifice and our son is doing great in school his teacher says so but i did take friday off and go see him in his tiny football gear playing football after school and it was fun.
I did also go to the Roberta Flack show it was great even though in my opinion she acted like a diva but i guess she earned that right a long time ago she gave me chills throughout the night because its like her songs have been a part of my life she sang killing me softly with his song......it was great to see her up close on her piano and i was really impressed with the two guys from Barbados in her band Arturo Tappin he played the sax first time i have ever seen him perform fantastic also Nicholas Brancker i kept wondering is he using a pick to play that guitar? he was amazing felt proud of those guys.

Anyway i have some catching up to do i miss reading about my blog friends so its catch up time.

19 Comments:

Blogger JaG said...

Oooh, an earthquake sounds very scary to me! JaB is going to the doctor this week too because he feels so tired all the time. I hope there's nothing wrong with him and I hope you feel better soon.

5:56 AM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

thanks i hope he feels better too.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Sorry to hear about the quake. At least it seems to have been relatively small and not to have caused any damage.

Re the doctor, him pass him place.
I would make another appointment and go back to him and tell him that I came back to help him with HIS problem.
I'd then remind him about the stuff he was saying last time. I would tell him that if your marriage was destroyed, at least you'd end up with the degree and enhanced employment opportunities and you wouldn't have to depend on no man.
I'd tell him that marriage is not the be all and end all of my existence. There is a life out there for me, whether married or not. If he knew anything at all, he should know that most divorced women report leading happier lives after their divorce, so he should disabuse himself of the notion that women NEED to be married, or to have a man in their lives all the time.
Then I'd tell him that talking to patients like that nowadays will cause you to lose them. I'd tell him that the attitudes he was displaying were from the Dark Ages and he should get himself up to date before he lost all his female patients.
Then I'd tell him that hes lost one patient because of his chauvinistic attitude so far - you.
Then I'd give him a bill (invoice) for my time and advice.

If you don't think you can say all that in person, write him a letter and leave it with the nurse/receptionist for him. Don't forget the bill though.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Quel said...

U.T.I.s are the worst.

I've never expeienced an earthquake before, but I imagine it must be freaky.

I think if you're taking care of your family's needs the best way you can, regardless of what anybody outside of your house says, you have nothing to feel guilty about.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Abeni said...

Ditto MB.That doc must be from the Stone Age..loud stewppssssssss.I bet he can't wrap himself around the idea that women actually go out to work,Girl,don't bother with him you just find a balance between your family and your school and do your thing.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Ri said...

That doc was outta line for sure. Rude. The concert sounds like it was fun.. don't let anyone stop you from studying - keep it up.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Dr. D. said...

Maybe you shudda given that (if you can call him a Doc) Doc a golden shower.....part of the therapy!? Him pass him place yes.

Heard about the quakes...second one in a week I understand. Good to hear nutten serious happened.

7:01 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

you guys are right he is from the dark ages and mb thanks for the suggestion.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Yamfoot said...

slap the doc!

9:35 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

hehehe yamfoot.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Fyr said...

I can relate on the earthquake issue... the thought of one coming at night while I am indisposedly asleep keeps me awake at nights quite often.

As for that doctor -him is very out of order indeed. Find one new one yes!!!

3:41 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

fyr the earthquake was a 5.2 and it scary imagine if it was a bigger one even now i sometimes get flashbacks and you're right about the doctor.

6:38 PM  
Blogger CoolDestiny said...

His wife probably left him and he's bitter towards every woman who furthers her education because that's what his EX-wife used to do. Just my theory .. we all know misery loves company.

I love Roberta Flack. MY favorite song though is The First Time. It is absolutey beautiful!

10:42 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, true religion, coach outlet, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, nike outlet, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton handbags, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, chanel handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, oakley vault, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, nike air max, michael kors handbags, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet online, burberry outlet online, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, red bottom shoes, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet online, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, tiffany jewelry

11:44 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, vans pas cher, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, air max, abercrombie and fitch, timberland, nike free pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, north face, new balance pas cher, barbour, north face pas cher, tn pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, nike air force, true religion outlet, ralph lauren, mulberry, nike air max, oakley pas cher, nike free, longchamp, chaussure louboutin, nike roshe, michael kors canada, air max pas cher, true religion jeans, sac louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, hollister, michael kors uk, converse pas cher, air jordan, louis vuitton, scarpe hogan, ray ban uk, nike blazer pas cher, guess pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, hermes pas cher

11:47 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mont blanc pens, canada goose, uggs outlet, p90x workout, reebok shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, bottega veneta, north face jackets, ugg soldes, canada goose outlet, beats headphones, hollister, uggs outlet, soccer shoes, new balance outlet, asics shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, wedding dresses, ugg boots, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, ugg outlet, celine handbags, birkin bag, replica watches, nike roshe, nfl jerseys, north face jackets, vans outlet, nike trainers, ugg, ghd, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, mac cosmetics, ugg boots, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, nike huarache, uggs on sale, jimmy choo shoes, marc jacobs outlet

11:51 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

links of london uk, swarovski jewelry, moncler, pandora uk, canada goose, supra shoes, ray ban, timberland shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, thomas sabo uk, coach outlet, vans, gucci, hollister canada, parajumpers outlet, oakley, canada goose, moncler, swarovski uk, montre femme, louis vuitton canada, moncler, wedding dress, uggs canada, converse shoes, air max, lancel, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, hollister clothing, moncler, baseball bats, pandora charms, louboutin, ralph lauren, replica watches, converse, ugg, moncler outlet, canada goose, karen millen, iphone 6 case, moncler, nike air max, pandora jewelry, canada goose pas cher

11:53 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
true religion outlet
mulberry outlet store
supra shoes
cyber monday deals
longchamp handbags
roshe run men
coach factory outlet
nike air huarache
cheap nba jerseys
air jordan 11
nike free 5
prada sneakers
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors factory online
ugg boots on sale
giuseppe zanotti outlet
mlb jerseys
oakley sunglasses wholesale
mm1224

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home