SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Good news..........

I got some good news today and i have to share it.

My youngest sister called she and her husband are expecting another baby such good news it seems that my sisters and i have a nack for conceiving babies on holiday they went to St. Lucia for a short vacation a while back, my other sister went to Grenada with her boyfriend and came back pregggy and me my son was conceived in Tobago I don't know what that is about but I was hoping to visit Jolly Habour in Antigua for my aniversary this month now i'm scared out of my mind he he he maybe they put something in the hotel water.

The other good news is my in-laws are coming to Trinidad next week for a visit and I can't wait I love them so.
My father-in-law is so handsome and sexy in his golf playing 60's that i know I will still be humping my husband when he is that age too yes i have a sick mind.
My real mother-in-law does not like me we haven't seen each other in years even though she lives right here in Trinidad and attends a church not far from where we live.

I stoped trying to figure her out a long time ago we never had an argument or anything its just understood that i was not her first choice for a daughter-in-law she calls my husband on his cell even when she knows he's at home to avoid talking to me yes it hurts but what can you do when people are set in their ways she once refered to me as that black gyal and did not know i was in the other room and heard her she put her hand over her mouth and ran when she saw me and never appologised its always funny when black people call each other black some of us believe that the lighter our skin is the less black we are its really sad.

Anyway my husband's step mother she lives all the way in Maryland she has been a doll to me we have a huge age difference but we talk on the phone every week she treats me like a daughter she taught me how to make American foods like cream of mushroom chicken and bbq ribs we spent Thanksgiving with them in 2003 and she got me hooked on apple pie I love her so much, we have so much in common we love to shop love bargains always on some kind of diet we both tried the special k diet together she buys the best gifts and actually took an interest in me and i think if my husband's mother really try to get to know me we could be friends but what can you do and its a sore point with my husband and i i feel like he doesn't defend me I can't tell you how many times we have had arguments about it and maybe since i have a son too maybe someday i will understand how she feels but i keep feeling like i am getting in the way of his relationship with his mother and if someday if she is sick or something he may blame me for their relationship troubles.

Anyway I hope you guys all get some kind of good news this coming week.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dr. D. said...

Thanks for the birthday greetings SmIG.

Now, that mo-in-law sounds pretty awful. I don't want to be quick to judge her, as they say every story has two sides. But, assuming you tried to be a daughter-in-law in the past and she didn't like you....frig she! Worse with statements about colour of skin! When will we ever be able to put this shadism crap to rest!?

Have a good weekend.

5:09 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

no problem dr.d we share the same birthday month.
I like that word shadism.
I think its a generation thing and i could understand why it exists we get that its better to be light skined from the media and magazines but its sad when people who should know better intelligent people, educated people propagate it instead of fighting it i hope by the time my son is an adult that it will be a thing of the past.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Abeni said...

That sounds uncomfortable but if you tried your best then you can't do more.The color thing like it not going away at all

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Bwoy, all I can say is, if she mess with you again, tell her 'bout her ra$$, and if your husband vex, tell him 'bout his ra$$ and lock him out de house for a month or so. More fyah pon mother-in-laws like that!
By the way, does she deal with her grand pickney at all?

8:22 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

ha ha mb yes she does I insist that he gets to know her i was not so lucky to have my grandparents around so i think its important that he knows her so he goes for visits with his dad he has a great relationship with all his grandparents.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

You need to start insinuating yourself into that. You take him over. Force the ....., er, woman to deal with the issue. Let her know that if she doh want to know you, she naw know your son either! Of course, some might say that its like using him as a weapon, but she should show some respect, and if she can't show respect for you, then more fyah!

Thats how I see it, but then, I don't feel a NEED to get on with my in-laws. I do, because they are great, but if they didn't like me, they would get it back, in spades!

10:24 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

mb that takes a lot of energy that i don't have and my heart can't deal with the rejection why put yourself where you're not wanted? thank God i have another m-i-l who treats me just fine she more than makes up for the other one. i've learned a long time ago that you can't make someone like you.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Yamfoot said...

why dont you call and invite her over for dinner one day? (make sure you can cook though, or else she might criticize you the whole evening!)

But I would ignore any past show of ill feeling from her and put it down to the fact that she might have troubles in her life and be upset that her husband married a nicer woman.

10:53 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Yamfoot I know its time I put out the olive branch and try to make amends but its really hard.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Hi, I was just wandering the blogosphere and here I am at your blog. I enjoy the style of how this all works.

This is one to watch.

Cheers,

What is a time share?

6:53 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

tiffany outlet
chanel handbags outlet
nike air max uk
fred perry polo shirts
fitflops uk
true religion jeans
swarovski jewelry
mulberry outlet
ralph lauren uk
tommy hilfiger
nfl jerseys
oakley sunglasses uk
ray-ban sunglasses
ray ban,rayban,occhiali ray ban,ray-ban,ray ban occhiali,ray ban sunglasses
michael kors uk outlet
thomas sabo outlet
puma outlet
omega outlet
nobis jacket
michael kors outlet
mm1224

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home