SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Monday, August 01, 2005

One Love...


I had such a good time at the concert on Saturday it took me all of Sunday to recover.

My girlfriend and her husband took me I just called her and we went to the mall to find clothes to wear.

We payed the extra and went VIP I never went to the VIP section before since I don't really drink and hate to eat that late at night I always think its a waste of money but not anymore I am hooked now you get to be so close to the artist it was amazing we even got signed posters of Freddy Mcgregor when we went to eat after his performance his musicians were at the eating tent and we told them how much we enjoyed the show and they gave us posters of course I losed mine.

The girlfriend I went with she and her husband have been married for 12 years and still act like love birds when Gregory Isaacs started singing Night Nurse I had to go get a drink of water I missed my husband being there he would have enjoyed himself.

My friend slept thru the Bunny Wailer performance she did not know most of his songs and the combination of the weed the smell was everywhere and the police who were walking all over the place did not seem to mind I say only in Trinidad we shared a screwdriver but she drank first and the alcohol was at the top and she started drifting afer that it was so hilarious I wanted to take a picture of her everyone seem to have digital cameras or camera phones I need one bad.

I felt lucky to get to see these guys perform they are getting down in age and a lot of these guys won't be around for my son to see perform even though Bunny behaved like a teenager he had so much energy.

The concert was stopped around 230am by the police just when Bunny was getting warm we sang One Love together and I was high and happy.

We took a drive down St. James they call it the city that never sleeps my girlfriend was asleep in the car so her husband and I went to Smoky & Bunty an all night pub and had two beers we stood on the sidewalk and talked and people watch a piper (trini term for drug addict) was drawing a woman with a pen just using short strokes it was amazing his talent a guy told us he came from a well-off family but prefered to live in the streets we bought some jerk chicken from a popular spot Bobby's and ate in the car and headed home I was drunk and horny I called my poor husband to harass him at work he said I got him worked up and he left work early but I was passed out on the ground I could never sleep on the bed when I am drunk I guess I am always afraid I will fall off but I made it up to him later on.

It took me the whole day yesterday to recover I am getting old my sister had invited me to another party on a boat and I just couldn't go I finished reading White Oleander and it was so good I started reading it over again.

Today is the official Emancipation holiday and there is a street parade in Port of Sapin but I have to work.

11 Comments:

Blogger JaG said...

Oooh! Sounds like fun was had! Good for you!

8:04 AM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Thanks, I really did have fun.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Campfyah said...

I miss those kind of concerts. Just nice vibes. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Shotta M said...

Wow...dem kinda vibes and flex I like.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Eban Crawford said...

Glad that you had a good time. Anytime that you end up passed out on the floor is a good one, except when it is not. How's that for not making a statement.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Scratchie said...

Sounds like you were in 7th heaven.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Awesome...

2:20 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Thanks...

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

sounds like a good concert

8:44 PM  
Blogger Xianjun Ranqin said...

qihang0926,cheap uggs boots
nike roshe runs
jordans for sale
timberland uk
hermes belt
hollister uk
ugg boots clearance
adidas shoes
abercrombie
supra shoes
prada outlet
p90x workouts
ralph lauren outlet
air max
oakley sunglasses
kobe bryant shoes
louis vuitton borse
michael kors outlet
toms outlet
nike store uk
mcm outlet
hermes uk
cheap oakleys
canada goose uk
air force 1
gucci outlet
toms shoes
ugg boots sale
retro jordans
tod's shoes
jordan pas cher
nike cortez
ed hardy uk
sac longchamp pliage
nike huarache
canada goose outlet
q

5:26 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

abercrombie and fitch
true religion outlet
fitflops clearance
mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
mulberry handbags sale
nike air max
longchamp handbags
oakley outlet store
swarovski crystal
michael kors factory store
prada outlet
beats headphones
pandora outlet
nike outlet store
nike free
kate spade uk
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
michael kors wallet sale
true religion canada
fitflops sale
mm1224

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home