SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Goat mouth II .......................


Its obvious that I am not tek sauvy I don't know how to collapse a long post I see other bloggers do it all the time like Mad Bull but I can't figure out how to do that so bear with me this is part II of my previous post.

So we get to the concert and walk around a bit and noticed that people walked with chairs no one told us to do that wish we had known because it started at 8pm we left at 4am and it was still going on so walk with chairs and wear comfortable shoes to your next jazz festival because it was looong! Thank God I wore sneakers.

First person we saw was my manager he must have wondered how I got time off to attend but I switched shift with a cowoker we said hi and found a good spot then it started with the local acts a Tobago Jazz group I was impressed keep in mind that I know nothing about jazz music but there was a panist who played so well he even turned the pan up sided down and played that was great then my goat mouth kicked in again I am telling my husband I don't feel bad about missing Stevie Wonder on Sunday I wish I could see Angie Stone I have all her cds and it will be great then the announcer says J Records recording artist due to a change on stage...... Angie Stone I screamed like a maniac and ran to the front of the stage I could not believe it.... no lie...she with her afro dressed all in white I spent like half a minute saying I wish I had a digi camera! I wish I had a camera phone! I wish I had walked with her cd to sign I wish.... and then I calmed down and decided to just relax and enjoy myself.

I embarassed my husband by singing all the lyrics to her songs loud I did not care when she came over to our side of the stage I blew her a kiss and she winked at me I swear they left the lights on for her performance it was great she asked if we had a good man and I screamed yes like a fool I know I am ashamed now but I did not care then I was in shock she was suppose to be on the Saturday's show I know some people were pissed about the change but who cares..

Machel Montano came on next it was a typical performance plenty wining at one point it looked like he had a hard-on Gross! there were these two women behaving so crazy everytime he came to our side of the stage yes I was right in front of the stage crotch view I call it and Natalie Cole was on the stage too she was taking it in she looked great and they said Babyface was in the audience too but I did not see him.

Finally at 2:30am Shaggy came on the stage oh but I forgot my goat mouth while waiting for the band to set up I am telling my husband that we did not get any soveniers the last Jazz festival i went to I got t-shirts next thing you know someone started throwing t-shirts in the audience and I got 2.....no lie.... a guy behing us said boy are you lucky you did not do anything and you got 2 t-shirts just like that I know creepy one had Shaggy's new cd on the front the other had Rayvon written on the front and back I felt so special my husband held on to them we thought people might try to grab them.

Shaggy was great he did not perform the one song I wanted to hear Ready fi di ride but he was still great and I got a close up look at him he had this huge wedding ring on I said good for him.

We left just when David Rudder was coming on to perform it was just after 4am. David I am sorry I have seen you perform lots of times and you are great but I am so old now that I don't have the stamina like I used to I know I should have paced myself and not prance around during Machel's performance but what can I say and I know you must have mashed up the place but I will try to see your next concert.

I can't think of anything else I think I am suffering from ferry lag but we had a great time overall.

The picture above is the picture in my living room by Martin Superville a great Tobago artist its called Dancer III.

8 Comments:

Blogger Abeni said...

That was a fun night girl

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

so are you glad you chose the night you chose?

10:32 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Well I haven't seen the reviews for the other shows yet the news paper yesterday said David Rudder was the best act for Friday night and we missed his performance so we will see but I had a great time also they said Shaggy was too vulgar I guess you can't please people I had a great time worth every penny.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Scratchie said...

sounds like you had a great time.....

11:48 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Wicked... BTW If you want to collapse your posts, just check the Blogger 'Hacks' page... They have 'code' you can just paste into your template I believe...

1:04 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Thank you trouble I look into it.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Yamfoot said...

That's how men are silly. If he wants to carry a woman, do it as a group of people!

Anyway, Machel Montano was much cuter when he was a kid. he looks too untidy now for my liking, but I still like his songs.

9:26 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

replica watches
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
mont blanc pens
replica handbags,replica handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale replica handbags,replica bags,bags outlet,replica handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,replica purses
belstaff outlet
michael kors outlet online
babyliss flat iron
oakley sunglasses wholesale
abercrombie and fitch
nike trainers
michael kors handbags clearance
tiffany jewelry
uggs outlet
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
rolex watches for sale
tiffany outlet
lululemon pants
mm1224

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home