SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sonny son son

Coversation with my son;

Me: Cut it out!
Me: Don't put the car in the water you will spoil it!
He: (Ignores me)
Me: OK give it to me I'll give it to charity!
He: Mom who is charity?

OK now it doesn't sound funny I guess you had to be there.

I got to the savannah late this morning and the sun was blazing hot.

I had to wrap a gift for my son's teacher this morning and write a thank-you note its his last day of school today and he made me list all the things she did for him this school term and he had to sigh it and it took forever I just hope he doesn't blurt out what the gift is before she opens it he loves to do that his new thing to say is "you wanna piece of me?" I don't know where he got it from some movie I think but he says it all the time.

My eyes water everytime I think about how big he's getting and he is fighting for his independence these days he wants to dress himself doesn't like to wear shorts he says little boys wear short pants and he is a big boy, he's only 5.
I am one of those mothers who embarrasses her kid by crying for everything I cried when he rode his bike without the training wheels the first time I cried in the Principal's office of the private school we wanted him to go to when she said she will accept him really embarrassing his kindergarten graduation ceremony is in two weeks and he has to do a poem and I know I will be making a fool of myself again but the people around me are familiar the first time he fell as a toddler and his new tooth cut his gum I saw blood and thought he will bleed to death my neighbor who is a doctor said I spoke gibberish over the phone and by the time she came over he was fine but I was the one who needed the medication to calm me and believe me they never make me forget that incident.

I always say having him was like someone taking out my heart and attaching limbs to it and every child you see you feel that way yesterday a little boy came up to me and asked me for food and I bought him lunch and gave him some money but he is still on my mind I wonder will someone give him food today? will he be ok today? if I go back to the same place today will he be there? and I know in my heart that I will adopt a child one day I just have to in my life there are teachers and neighbours and aunts who made a difference to me growing up and I have to pass it on.

6 Comments:

Blogger JaG said...

Very nice post! I did get the joke in the beginning and it made me laugh.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Very nice post, I agree... "having him was like someone taking out my heart and attaching limbs to it" - have never heard it expressed so well..

6:49 AM  
Blogger Xianjun Ranqin said...

qihang0926,cheap uggs boots
nike roshe runs
jordans for sale
timberland uk
hermes belt
hollister uk
ugg boots clearance
adidas shoes
abercrombie
supra shoes
prada outlet
p90x workouts
ralph lauren outlet
air max
oakley sunglasses
kobe bryant shoes
louis vuitton borse
michael kors outlet
toms outlet
nike store uk
mcm outlet
hermes uk
cheap oakleys
canada goose uk
air force 1
gucci outlet
toms shoes
ugg boots sale
retro jordans
tod's shoes
jordan pas cher
nike cortez
ed hardy uk
sac longchamp pliage
nike huarache
canada goose outlet
q

5:27 AM  
Blogger dong dong said...

201510.27dongdong
coach outlet
uggs clearance
Cheap Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
uggs sale
Air Jordan 6 Champagne Bottle
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet online
ugg boots
abercrombie store
tory burch sale
Louis Vuitton Online Shop Stores
michael kors bags
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
nike trainers
coach outlet store online
Louis Vuitton Official Site Outlet Stores
ugg boots
ugg boots sale
Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Usa
Nike Kobe Bryant Basketball Shoes
Abercrombie and Fitch USA Outlet Store
Louis Vuitton Outlet Mall Store
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
Oakley Polarized Sunglasses Cheap Outlet Store

6:32 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors outlet online
valentino outlet
timberland shoes
north face outlet
beats by dre
ray-ban sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
converse shoes
mlb jerseys
marc jacobs
discount oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
north face outlet store
salomon shoes
cheap uggs
moncler jackets
ferragamo shoes
louis vuitton handbags outlet
ralph lauren uk
hollister clothing
mm1224

11:07 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

http://www.jordanretro.uk
fitflop shoes
tiffany jewelry
oakley sunglasses,oakley outlet sunglasses
http://www.tiffanyandcojewellery.us.com
chrome hearts online store
nike roshe run
adidas superstar shoes
cheap mlb jerseys
cheap oakley sunglasses
gg

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home