SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Chocolate factory...


I took my son to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday.

My favorite blogger did a review yesterday and I decided we should see it.

I don't want to spoil it by giving away the movie but would you believe that the movie frightened our son there was a part where something happend to the fat kid and that frightened him he slept in our bed last night because he was so scared.

This reminded me of E.T my dad took us to see that movie and I remember that I got nightmares from that movie and I always say that I have to see E.T again to figure out why it was so scary for me as a child I think its just the way E.T looked.

Its so hard this parenting thing you try not to do anything that would mark your child for life and you never know what will affect them later on in life I remember when Janet Jackson flashed her breast on tv I don't understand American football but we were watching the superbowl because my in-laws were watching it in DC and our son saw it and it was not a big deal he sees my breast all the time I don't hide from him because I don't want that when he grows up the first time a woman shows him her breast he freaks out because he is not used to seeing breast and his aunt is still breast feeding so its no big deal.

I agree with Tony children are not born bad its what we do as parents along the way that make them who they are we overindulge them sometimes,we don't teach them discipline and self control and expect them to be angels when they go out in the real world.

In my country crime is so out of hand and the theory is its a result of all these parents who decided to migrate in the late 80's and left their kids with neighbours and grandparents they call them barrel babies because the parents sent goodies in barrels and now these kids are adults who want those same goodies and are not prepared to work so they commit these crimes for sneakers and whenever there is a big concert in Trinidad the petty crimes increase because they need money for the conserts it makes sense when you think about it.

I remember my dad wanting my mom to do that things were hard and he wanted her to go to the US and probably get a babysiting job and send money back everyone was doing that back then but she said absolutely not she is not leaving her 4 daughters to be raised by a man who cannot even cook and things might have been better moneywise but I love her for standing up to him because the money would not have made up for what we would have had to go thru without her being around and there is more to being a parent than having lots of money to buy the things your kids want and thats what I got from watching the Chocolate movie yesterday so go see it.

15 Comments:

Blogger Mad Bull said...

You got sup'm from that movie? Well, I suppose that idea was contained within the plot, but I found the movie to be kinda crappy. Also, Johnny Depp (in that movie) was kind of wierd. He reminded me of a Michael Jackson/Pee Wee Herman mix. Not someone I'd want to be anywhere near my kids...

8:49 AM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

And yeah, I know the movie isn't for adults, but I think the original was much better.

8:50 AM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Mad bull I am a Jonny Depp fan so I overlooked the flaws but surprisingly I thought he was not so bad my focus was more on the different types of parents protrayed in the movie we've all seen parents like that in our life.
Hope your vacation is going great though sounds like you are having fun.

10:34 AM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

OH and children seem to like weirdos because my son loves Michael Jackson but he thinks he is a woman we can't convince him otherwise.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Shotta M said...

lol...smart kid!!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger R. U. Serious said...

Willy Wonka molests the Oompa Loompas. I think there's no question about it.

Scared Bunny Blog – Now With 10% More Bacon!

2:52 PM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

They seemed happy to me...poor things.

3:14 PM  
Blogger A Girl Running said...

I loved the first Charlie and the Chocolate factory and anything with Johnny Depp appeals to me. Will have to go see it...minus the easily scared kiddies

12:03 AM  
Blogger Eban Crawford said...

I am on the fence with this movie, I loved the original so much, hell I grew up with it. I don't know if I will catch it or not, I will probably wait for DVD.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Scratchie said...

not really a movie buff so...I just passing so I'll just say howdy.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous bloopy said...

personally i dug this movie. . . the back story seemed kind of odd tho' - i don't remember that from the book. . . and i have to say, i was surprised your kid thought the augustus gloop scene was scary 'cuz i thought the violet beauregarde scene was *way* scarier. . .

2:35 AM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Bloopy I never saw the original or read the book but I really liked this movie too. My son was afraid the poor boy was going to drown, he did laugh at the violet scene though....

9:16 AM  
Blogger smallislandgirl said...

Bloopy I never saw the original or read the book but I really liked this movie too. My son was afraid the poor boy was going to drown, he did laugh at the violet scene though....

9:17 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

abercrombie and fitch
true religion outlet
fitflops clearance
mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
mulberry handbags sale
nike air max
longchamp handbags
oakley outlet store
swarovski crystal
michael kors factory store
prada outlet
beats headphones
pandora outlet
nike outlet store
nike free
kate spade uk
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
michael kors wallet sale
true religion canada
fitflops sale
mm1224

11:03 PM  
Blogger soma taha said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-buraidah.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-onaizah.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-qassim.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-al-kharj.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-riyadh.html

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home