SmallIslandGirl

just a chick from Trinidad writing about her life on a small island but with big dreams all the same.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Salt




I don't know about giving book reviews in my life if there is one thing that I know people don't always share your opinion on things I tend to get excited about something and sometimes when I don't get an excited response from someone else it sometimes make me question myself and my taste in things but anyway I am reading this book and have been annoying my husband by reading parts of it aloud it is so good to read a book written by one of my country men that is so good that I already have four copies yes I buy my Christmas gifts early so shoot me... I could not get it on hardcover though may have to order it but the story is so rich with my country's history and of course I feel guilty because this book has been around for ages and I am only now reading it how very unpatriotic of me to read thru Oprah's book list of books but not include West Indian authored books on my reading lists of course this is going to change but its so good to read a book with my own dialect and slang in it something to be proud of I mean I know the difference between snogging and shagging from all my readings so its good to see 'dotish' and 'lime' used in the trini sense in a book the author Mr.Earl Lovelace is no stranger to me his book The Dragon can't dance has been required reading in Secondary school and I have seen the play and its good that he is getting the recognition that he deserves.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long)
so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for inexperienced blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


Here is my homepage - adult baseball bats

4:35 PM  
Blogger dong dong said...

201510.27dongdong
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
Hollister Tees for Men
ugg boots for women
Coach Factory Handbags Outlet Store
Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes Sale
michael kors uk
louis vuitton handbags
Jordan 3 Retro 2015
louis vuitton outlet online
ugg boots clearance
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots
coach outlet
Ugg Boots Outlet Clearance,Cheap Uggs On Sale Discount For Women
michael kors outlet
Coach Outlet Online Discount Sale
hollister uk sale
michael kors outlet online
Authentic Air Jordan 13 shoes for sale
canada goose outlet,canada goose jackets,canada goose online,canada goose sale
Louis Vuitton Belts On Sale
Toms Outlet Store Online
mont blanc pens
michael kors outlet
timberland outlet
burberry outlet
true religion outlet
ugg boots
ralph lauren polo outlet
canada goose jackets
cheap ugg boots
100% Authentic New Lerbron James Shoes
Coach Luggage Bags Outlet Sale Online
Louis Vuitton Clearance Sale
canada goose sale

6:27 AM  
Blogger Chen Zhiqin said...

new york giants jerseys
texans jerseys
chicago bears jerseys
air jordan 4
celine outlet
mizuno running shoes
miami dolphins jersey
pittsburgh steelers jersey
abercrombie and fitch
oklahoma city thunder
polo pas cher
air max 90
miami dolphins jerseys
supra shoes
los angeles lakers jersey
detroit lions jerseys
jordan 11
nike free running
steelers jerseys
browns jerseys
indianapolis colts jerseys
tods outlet
foamposite shoes
broncos jerseys
lacoste pas cher
abercrombie outlet
miami heat jerseys
ed hardy clothing
cincinnati bengals jersey
los angeles clippers jerseys
vans outlet
saints jerseys
san francisco 49ers jerseys
chicago bulls jersey
chargers jerseys
czq20160702

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home